Even those who braved the heat, the lack of parking, and the crazy crowd to attend last night’s successful opening of The Big Show 2013 at Houston’s Lawndale Art Center may have missed the announcement of the juror’s award winners. Guest Juror Duncan Mackenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports selected three artists to receive $1,000 each. Fifteen-year-old emerging artist Avril Falgout’s life-size paper maché punk rockers were a hit among the opening’s attendees and all three artists deserve a big congratulations!
Yea to Perry Chandler, Avril Falgout, and Bryan Forrester!
also by Paula Newton
- New CEO at Houston Museum of African American Culture - August 31st, 2016
- Dancing With the Czars - August 30th, 2016
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016