Even those who braved the heat, the lack of parking, and the crazy crowd to attend last night’s successful opening of The Big Show 2013 at Houston’s Lawndale Art Center may have missed the announcement of the juror’s award winners. Guest Juror Duncan Mackenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports selected three artists to receive $1,000 each. Fifteen-year-old emerging artist Avril Falgout’s life-size paper maché punk rockers were a hit among the opening’s attendees and all three artists deserve a big congratulations!
Yea to Perry Chandler, Avril Falgout, and Bryan Forrester!
also by Paula Newton
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017
- Nerd Alert: Art Plus Science is the New Big Thing! - February 13th, 2017