Even those who braved the heat, the lack of parking, and the crazy crowd to attend last night’s successful opening of The Big Show 2013 at Houston’s Lawndale Art Center may have missed the announcement of the juror’s award winners. Guest Juror Duncan Mackenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports selected three artists to receive $1,000 each. Fifteen-year-old emerging artist Avril Falgout’s life-size paper maché punk rockers were a hit among the opening’s attendees and all three artists deserve a big congratulations!
Yea to Perry Chandler, Avril Falgout, and Bryan Forrester!
also by Paula Newton
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015