Seven Texas artists and arts organizations were recipients of the Mid-America Arts Alliance’s newest grants program, Artistic Innovations, created to encourage experimentation and new projects. The M-AAA supports cultural activity in communities throughout Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
Of the twenty grants awarded, seven went to Texas groups, and five of those were Austin artists and organizations. A few of the Texas recipients:
Austin’s Jason Neulander for The Intergalactic Nemesis–Book Three: Twin Infinity, a live-action graphic novel, Huntsville’s The Bridge Club Collaborative for The Trailer, a mobile installation and series of live performance artworks centered around a vintage camper, and Houston’s DiverseWorks for an extended residency and commission of a new body of work and by artist Wu Tsang.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016