Seven Texas artists and arts organizations were recipients of the Mid-America Arts Alliance’s newest grants program, Artistic Innovations, created to encourage experimentation and new projects. The M-AAA supports cultural activity in communities throughout Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
Of the twenty grants awarded, seven went to Texas groups, and five of those were Austin artists and organizations. A few of the Texas recipients:
Austin’s Jason Neulander for The Intergalactic Nemesis–Book Three: Twin Infinity, a live-action graphic novel, Huntsville’s The Bridge Club Collaborative for The Trailer, a mobile installation and series of live performance artworks centered around a vintage camper, and Houston’s DiverseWorks for an extended residency and commission of a new body of work and by artist Wu Tsang.
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016