Seven Texas artists and arts organizations were recipients of the Mid-America Arts Alliance’s newest grants program, Artistic Innovations, created to encourage experimentation and new projects. The M-AAA supports cultural activity in communities throughout Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
Of the twenty grants awarded, seven went to Texas groups, and five of those were Austin artists and organizations. A few of the Texas recipients:
Austin’s Jason Neulander for The Intergalactic Nemesis–Book Three: Twin Infinity, a live-action graphic novel, Huntsville’s The Bridge Club Collaborative for The Trailer, a mobile installation and series of live performance artworks centered around a vintage camper, and Houston’s DiverseWorks for an extended residency and commission of a new body of work and by artist Wu Tsang.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017