Seven Texas artists and arts organizations were recipients of the Mid-America Arts Alliance’s newest grants program, Artistic Innovations, created to encourage experimentation and new projects. The M-AAA supports cultural activity in communities throughout Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
Of the twenty grants awarded, seven went to Texas groups, and five of those were Austin artists and organizations. A few of the Texas recipients:
Austin’s Jason Neulander for The Intergalactic Nemesis–Book Three: Twin Infinity, a live-action graphic novel, Huntsville’s The Bridge Club Collaborative for The Trailer, a mobile installation and series of live performance artworks centered around a vintage camper, and Houston’s DiverseWorks for an extended residency and commission of a new body of work and by artist Wu Tsang.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016