Summer is traditionally pretty slow for art in the steamy south so, for those who have been waiting for bribery before hitting the galleries, this weekend will be the time to venture out in Houston. Galleries will open their doors for ArtHouston 2013 on Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 with many simultaneous receptions with beer, wine, and food trucks.
The 30 participating galleries include those along Colquitt, the Museum District, Midtown, the Heights and surrounding areas. Event guide brochures are available at the galleries and the ArtHouston website lists participating venues, opening activities, exhibitions, and times.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Film Director Creates PSA Against Bathroom Bill - February 27th, 2017
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017