Summer is traditionally pretty slow for art in the steamy south so, for those who have been waiting for bribery before hitting the galleries, this weekend will be the time to venture out in Houston. Galleries will open their doors for ArtHouston 2013 on Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 with many simultaneous receptions with beer, wine, and food trucks.
The 30 participating galleries include those along Colquitt, the Museum District, Midtown, the Heights and surrounding areas. Event guide brochures are available at the galleries and the ArtHouston website lists participating venues, opening activities, exhibitions, and times.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016