Summer is traditionally pretty slow for art in the steamy south so, for those who have been waiting for bribery before hitting the galleries, this weekend will be the time to venture out in Houston. Galleries will open their doors for ArtHouston 2013 on Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 with many simultaneous receptions with beer, wine, and food trucks.
The 30 participating galleries include those along Colquitt, the Museum District, Midtown, the Heights and surrounding areas. Event guide brochures are available at the galleries and the ArtHouston website lists participating venues, opening activities, exhibitions, and times.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016