Houston artists Zach Moser and Eric Leshinsky have somehow turned shrimping into a big extended art project. They call their Shrimp Boat Projects an “artistic investigation of the Houston region that explores the connection between a region’s identity and its native landscape.” The social project includes organizing events, teaching university classes, and inviting artists, writers, students and others to join them on their boat.
As participating artists in DiverseWorks‘ current exhibition L’esprit de l’escalier, they are bringing a Shrimp Boat Projects event to the space tonight. To help start off the holiday weekend, they are hosting a free shrimp boil. From 6-8PM, Zach and Eric will serve up shrimp until they run out. There’s beer and art, too!
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017