Houston artists Zach Moser and Eric Leshinsky have somehow turned shrimping into a big extended art project. They call their Shrimp Boat Projects an “artistic investigation of the Houston region that explores the connection between a region’s identity and its native landscape.” The social project includes organizing events, teaching university classes, and inviting artists, writers, students and others to join them on their boat.
As participating artists in DiverseWorks‘ current exhibition L’esprit de l’escalier, they are bringing a Shrimp Boat Projects event to the space tonight. To help start off the holiday weekend, they are hosting a free shrimp boil. From 6-8PM, Zach and Eric will serve up shrimp until they run out. There’s beer and art, too!
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016