Houston artists Zach Moser and Eric Leshinsky have somehow turned shrimping into a big extended art project. They call their Shrimp Boat Projects an “artistic investigation of the Houston region that explores the connection between a region’s identity and its native landscape.” The social project includes organizing events, teaching university classes, and inviting artists, writers, students and others to join them on their boat.
As participating artists in DiverseWorks‘ current exhibition L’esprit de l’escalier, they are bringing a Shrimp Boat Projects event to the space tonight. To help start off the holiday weekend, they are hosting a free shrimp boil. From 6-8PM, Zach and Eric will serve up shrimp until they run out. There’s beer and art, too!
also by Paula Newton
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016