Houston artists Zach Moser and Eric Leshinsky have somehow turned shrimping into a big extended art project. They call their Shrimp Boat Projects an “artistic investigation of the Houston region that explores the connection between a region’s identity and its native landscape.” The social project includes organizing events, teaching university classes, and inviting artists, writers, students and others to join them on their boat.
As participating artists in DiverseWorks‘ current exhibition L’esprit de l’escalier, they are bringing a Shrimp Boat Projects event to the space tonight. To help start off the holiday weekend, they are hosting a free shrimp boil. From 6-8PM, Zach and Eric will serve up shrimp until they run out. There’s beer and art, too!
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017