MASS gallery is starting a new summer residency program called Hotbox, turning over its gallery space to three artists to use as a working studio for five weeks. Each artist is also obliged to participate in MASS’ public engagement program, “Close Encounters.” The program is designed to “provide new methods of engaging the public’s curiosity.” However the artists decide to interpret that mandate will be revealed on the gallery website and Facebook page.
also by Paula Newton
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017