MASS gallery is starting a new summer residency program called Hotbox, turning over its gallery space to three artists to use as a working studio for five weeks. Each artist is also obliged to participate in MASS’ public engagement program, “Close Encounters.” The program is designed to “provide new methods of engaging the public’s curiosity.” However the artists decide to interpret that mandate will be revealed on the gallery website and Facebook page.
also by Paula Newton
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017
- Performance Art Works Both Ways - April 18th, 2017