MASS gallery is starting a new summer residency program called Hotbox, turning over its gallery space to three artists to use as a working studio for five weeks. Each artist is also obliged to participate in MASS’ public engagement program, “Close Encounters.” The program is designed to “provide new methods of engaging the public’s curiosity.” However the artists decide to interpret that mandate will be revealed on the gallery website and Facebook page.
also by Paula Newton
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017
- It’s Just Macaroni and Cheese: Arts Funding to be Burned! - March 16th, 2017
- Spooky Springtime History in the Panhandle - March 15th, 2017