MASS gallery is starting a new summer residency program called Hotbox, turning over its gallery space to three artists to use as a working studio for five weeks. Each artist is also obliged to participate in MASS’ public engagement program, “Close Encounters.” The program is designed to “provide new methods of engaging the public’s curiosity.” However the artists decide to interpret that mandate will be revealed on the gallery website and Facebook page.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016