MASS gallery is starting a new summer residency program called Hotbox, turning over its gallery space to three artists to use as a working studio for five weeks. Each artist is also obliged to participate in MASS’ public engagement program, “Close Encounters.” The program is designed to “provide new methods of engaging the public’s curiosity.” However the artists decide to interpret that mandate will be revealed on the gallery website and Facebook page.
also by Paula Newton
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015
- Detroit Collective Brings Post-Apocalyptic, Sci-Fi, Interactive, Social Justice, Music and Light Show to Dallas. Inside a Pod. - November 18th, 2015