A 14-year old boy died early Saturday morning after becoming impaled on the horn of a bull statue outside of Texas Tech’s National Ranching Heritage Museum. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Miguel Martinez was with two adults and two minors outside the museum at about 3 a.m. While playing hide-and-seek, he ran into the statue and one of its horns pierced the teen’s chest.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016