A 14-year old boy died early Saturday morning after becoming impaled on the horn of a bull statue outside of Texas Tech’s National Ranching Heritage Museum. According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Miguel Martinez was with two adults and two minors outside the museum at about 3 a.m. While playing hide-and-seek, he ran into the statue and one of its horns pierced the teen’s chest.
also by Paula Newton
- Solange Knowles + Donald Judd = Love Songs - August 23rd, 2017
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017