For almost 30 years, The Big Show (formerly the East End Show) has served to showcase emerging and under-represented artists, usually selected by an outside arts professional. This year’s juror is Chicago’s Duncan MacKenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports. There will be $3,000 in cash awards.
Lawndale lists the full eligibility requirements on their site, but the here are the basics: artists must live within 100 miles of Houston and the artwork must fit in the door.
also by Paula Newton
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017