For almost 30 years, The Big Show (formerly the East End Show) has served to showcase emerging and under-represented artists, usually selected by an outside arts professional. This year’s juror is Chicago’s Duncan MacKenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports. There will be $3,000 in cash awards.
Lawndale lists the full eligibility requirements on their site, but the here are the basics: artists must live within 100 miles of Houston and the artwork must fit in the door.
also by Paula Newton
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015