For almost 30 years, The Big Show (formerly the East End Show) has served to showcase emerging and under-represented artists, usually selected by an outside arts professional. This year’s juror is Chicago’s Duncan MacKenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports. There will be $3,000 in cash awards.
Lawndale lists the full eligibility requirements on their site, but the here are the basics: artists must live within 100 miles of Houston and the artwork must fit in the door.
also by Paula Newton
- Lucas Museum and Don Bacigalupi Ditch Chicago and Look to California - June 29th, 2016
- Fluxus Co-Founder Ben Patterson Dies at 82 - June 28th, 2016
- Spend Your Holiday Weekend in Rockport! - June 27th, 2016
- Maxwell Anderson Takes a Second Job - June 24th, 2016
- 7 TX Public Art Works Nationally Honored - June 23rd, 2016