For almost 30 years, The Big Show (formerly the East End Show) has served to showcase emerging and under-represented artists, usually selected by an outside arts professional. This year’s juror is Chicago’s Duncan MacKenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports. There will be $3,000 in cash awards.
Lawndale lists the full eligibility requirements on their site, but the here are the basics: artists must live within 100 miles of Houston and the artwork must fit in the door.
also by Paula Newton
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016