For almost 30 years, The Big Show (formerly the East End Show) has served to showcase emerging and under-represented artists, usually selected by an outside arts professional. This year’s juror is Chicago’s Duncan MacKenzie, artist/critic/writer and co-founder of Bad at Sports. There will be $3,000 in cash awards.
Lawndale lists the full eligibility requirements on their site, but the here are the basics: artists must live within 100 miles of Houston and the artwork must fit in the door.
also by Paula Newton
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017