The Dallas Museum of Art recently named Margot Perot as board chair, replacing the outgoing Deedie Potter Rose, who has served as a DMA trustee for a quarter century and as board chair for the past six years.
Perot is also a longtime DMA board member, serving on many committees and co-chairing many fundraisers. She and her husband, Ross Perot, have supported the museum for decades and established the Margot B. Perot Curator of Decorative Arts and Design position in 2003. The Perot children donated $50 million in honor of their parents to help establish the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which opened to the public this past year.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017