The Dallas Museum of Art recently named Margot Perot as board chair, replacing the outgoing Deedie Potter Rose, who has served as a DMA trustee for a quarter century and as board chair for the past six years.
Perot is also a longtime DMA board member, serving on many committees and co-chairing many fundraisers. She and her husband, Ross Perot, have supported the museum for decades and established the Margot B. Perot Curator of Decorative Arts and Design position in 2003. The Perot children donated $50 million in honor of their parents to help establish the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which opened to the public this past year.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016