The Dallas Museum of Art recently named Margot Perot as board chair, replacing the outgoing Deedie Potter Rose, who has served as a DMA trustee for a quarter century and as board chair for the past six years.
Perot is also a longtime DMA board member, serving on many committees and co-chairing many fundraisers. She and her husband, Ross Perot, have supported the museum for decades and established the Margot B. Perot Curator of Decorative Arts and Design position in 2003. The Perot children donated $50 million in honor of their parents to help establish the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which opened to the public this past year.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 21st, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017