On Friday evening, from 6-8 p.m., they will invite friends to “raise a glass (and maybe shake some booty)” in honor of the former artistic director’s 10+ years with Houston’s DiverseWorks. If successful, they could consider making the “Goodbye Sixto Disco Party” a monthly program.
The event is open to the public, but RSVP to Callie Meeks at Callie@DiverseWorks.org.
also by Paula Newton
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017
- Body Art and Chicken Wings - June 21st, 2017