On Friday evening, from 6-8 p.m., they will invite friends to “raise a glass (and maybe shake some booty)” in honor of the former artistic director’s 10+ years with Houston’s DiverseWorks. If successful, they could consider making the “Goodbye Sixto Disco Party” a monthly program.
The event is open to the public, but RSVP to Callie Meeks at Callie@DiverseWorks.org.
also by Paula Newton
- Trump Tax Laws Not Good for Museums - October 16th, 2017
- Former MFAH Core Fellow Dies Suddenly - October 13th, 2017
- Amid Immigration Debates, Borderland Art Reigns - October 12th, 2017
- Houston Quilts Have Enemies! - October 11th, 2017
- Holograms: Museum Creates a Place for Conversation with the Past and Future - October 10th, 2017