Each artist receives studio space at Lawndale for nine months, a $500 monthly stipend, and a $1500 materials allowance. At the completion of the residency, works produced during the program will be exhibited at Lawndale Art Center in May 2014. The 2013-2014 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals: Joshua Fischer, Lawndale programming committee member and assistant curator, Rice Gallery; Kerry Inman, owner, Inman Gallery; and Seth Mittag, artist and 2011-2012 Lawndale studio artist.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016