Each artist receives studio space at Lawndale for nine months, a $500 monthly stipend, and a $1500 materials allowance. At the completion of the residency, works produced during the program will be exhibited at Lawndale Art Center in May 2014. The 2013-2014 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals: Joshua Fischer, Lawndale programming committee member and assistant curator, Rice Gallery; Kerry Inman, owner, Inman Gallery; and Seth Mittag, artist and 2011-2012 Lawndale studio artist.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017