Each artist receives studio space at Lawndale for nine months, a $500 monthly stipend, and a $1500 materials allowance. At the completion of the residency, works produced during the program will be exhibited at Lawndale Art Center in May 2014. The 2013-2014 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals: Joshua Fischer, Lawndale programming committee member and assistant curator, Rice Gallery; Kerry Inman, owner, Inman Gallery; and Seth Mittag, artist and 2011-2012 Lawndale studio artist.
also by Paula Newton
- New CEO at Houston Museum of African American Culture - August 31st, 2016
- Dancing With the Czars - August 30th, 2016
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016