Each artist receives studio space at Lawndale for nine months, a $500 monthly stipend, and a $1500 materials allowance. At the completion of the residency, works produced during the program will be exhibited at Lawndale Art Center in May 2014. The 2013-2014 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals: Joshua Fischer, Lawndale programming committee member and assistant curator, Rice Gallery; Kerry Inman, owner, Inman Gallery; and Seth Mittag, artist and 2011-2012 Lawndale studio artist.
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017