Each artist receives studio space at Lawndale for nine months, a $500 monthly stipend, and a $1500 materials allowance. At the completion of the residency, works produced during the program will be exhibited at Lawndale Art Center in May 2014. The 2013-2014 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals: Joshua Fischer, Lawndale programming committee member and assistant curator, Rice Gallery; Kerry Inman, owner, Inman Gallery; and Seth Mittag, artist and 2011-2012 Lawndale studio artist.
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016