Only days after the Linda Pace Foundation announced the appointment of its new director, the Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum announced that Steven Evans, former Pace Foundation director, will serve as its interim consulting manager.
Bill FitzGibbons only recently announced his resignation as president and executive director of the Blue Star, which is effective today. He will remain as director of special projects on a reduced-hours basis.
When Glasstire reported on Evans’ resignation from the Pace Foundation back in September, FitzGibbons commented on the article with this prescient statement:
Steven, in a short amount of time, has been a great colleague and friend. He has been a wonderful resource for contemporary art and has had a positive impact on San Antonio. I’m sad to see him step down, but look forward to the possibility of Blue Star collaborating with him in the future.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016