Only days after the Linda Pace Foundation announced the appointment of its new director, the Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum announced that Steven Evans, former Pace Foundation director, will serve as its interim consulting manager.
Bill FitzGibbons only recently announced his resignation as president and executive director of the Blue Star, which is effective today. He will remain as director of special projects on a reduced-hours basis.
When Glasstire reported on Evans’ resignation from the Pace Foundation back in September, FitzGibbons commented on the article with this prescient statement:
Steven, in a short amount of time, has been a great colleague and friend. He has been a wonderful resource for contemporary art and has had a positive impact on San Antonio. I’m sad to see him step down, but look forward to the possibility of Blue Star collaborating with him in the future.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016