Only days after the Linda Pace Foundation announced the appointment of its new director, the Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum announced that Steven Evans, former Pace Foundation director, will serve as its interim consulting manager.
Bill FitzGibbons only recently announced his resignation as president and executive director of the Blue Star, which is effective today. He will remain as director of special projects on a reduced-hours basis.
When Glasstire reported on Evans’ resignation from the Pace Foundation back in September, FitzGibbons commented on the article with this prescient statement:
Steven, in a short amount of time, has been a great colleague and friend. He has been a wonderful resource for contemporary art and has had a positive impact on San Antonio. I’m sad to see him step down, but look forward to the possibility of Blue Star collaborating with him in the future.
also by Paula Newton
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017
- Nerd Alert: Art Plus Science is the New Big Thing! - February 13th, 2017