Well, it happened: The Joanna hosted its final art opening/frat party Friday night, featuring paintings and mug shots by Bill Willis. The Houston gallery has been the late night art stop for six years and now we have to wait until September to see its next incarnation. Co-founder Cody Ledvina will be opening a new gallery, The Brandon, in the Domy bookstore space.
also by Paula Newton
- It’s Hot! Time for Some Ice Cream Art! - July 29th, 2016
- Dead Dog’s Eyeballs! There’s a New Graphic Bio on Daniel Johnston - July 28th, 2016
- Where is Ana Mendieta? In Dallas! - July 27th, 2016
- Houston Artists! Get Ready for Art Market Season - July 26th, 2016
- Punk Out at the CAMH with the Mydolls - July 25th, 2016