Tickets are now on sale for the next ”Conversations with the Director” at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. The series launched on April 23 with a conversation between MFAH director Gary Tinterow and artist Jeff Koons (see Bill Davenport’s post on that conversation), which sold out in a super-flash, moments after being announced.
The second in this series will present Tinterow in conversation with Dr. Ruth Westheimer, internationally known authority on human sociology and sexuality, and author of the book The Art of Arousal: A Celebration of Erotic Art throughout History. Tickets will be available Tuesday, May 21, at 11 a.m. and may be ordered online at www.mfah.org or by phone at 713.639.7771. The conversation will take place on Tuesday, June 4, at 6:30 p.m., with a reception to follow.
While Tinterow may be a fantastic conversationalist, imagining Koons and Dr. Ruth in their own conversation only sparks curiosity as to the next (and, as yet, unannounced) speaker of the series, which is meant to bring “an eclectic mix of cultural figures to the Museum’s Brown Auditorium three times a year.”
also by Paula Newton
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016