There seems to be a recent interest in Turkish film, as proven by the recent inaugural Turkish Film Festival at the MFAH, and now Austin’s Experimental Response Cinema (ERC) is bringing the experimental version to town tonight. And, as fewer and fewer experimental works are being made in the now-classic format of 35mm film, ERC will treat Austinites to some big screen weirdness in a couple weeks.
ERC has teamed up with AMOA-Arthouse to present Küçük Sinemalar! Experimental Cinema from Turkey. The free program starts at 7pm tonight at AMOA-Arthouse at the Jones Center.
ERC is a collective of avante-garde film and video artists devoted to bringing experimental cinema to Austin. Küçük Sinemalar is an informal group from Istanbul fromed “to share and encourage moving image works that do not fit within strict boundary conceptions of either video art or traditional cinema.” The program was curated by ERC’s Ekrem Serdar, who will be present at the screening.
OK, NOT LITERALLY TOMORROW, BUT JUNE 1st: 35MM FILMS
ERC will partner with the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz to present a rare screening of classic and contemporary experimental works by Christina Battle, Louise Bourque, Stan Brakhage, Siegfried A. Fruhauf, Lawrence Jordan, Chris Kennedy, Peter Kubelka, Kerry Laitala, Pat O’Neill, and Peter Tscherkassky. The program will take place on Saturday, June 1, at 1 pm at the Alamo Drafthouse Ritz. Admission is $10 or an ERC pass.
also by Paula Newton
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017