There are tons of online shopping sites for contemporary art, from ExhibitionA to Paddle8, not to mention the big auction houses and individual artists’ homemade pages. Now, Houston’s Fresh Arts is giving it a shot.
The organization, which basically aims to provide opportunities and visibility for area artists and arts groups, is hoping that their new Facebook gallery store, Fresh Market, will put some cash in the pockets of local artists. For its inaugural collection (up through May 31), the 10 artists have donated part or all of their proceeds back to Fresh Arts. For collectors who limit their social interaction to the FedEx guy: you have to go down to the Fresh Arts office to pick up your purchases.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017