There are tons of online shopping sites for contemporary art, from ExhibitionA to Paddle8, not to mention the big auction houses and individual artists’ homemade pages. Now, Houston’s Fresh Arts is giving it a shot.
The organization, which basically aims to provide opportunities and visibility for area artists and arts groups, is hoping that their new Facebook gallery store, Fresh Market, will put some cash in the pockets of local artists. For its inaugural collection (up through May 31), the 10 artists have donated part or all of their proceeds back to Fresh Arts. For collectors who limit their social interaction to the FedEx guy: you have to go down to the Fresh Arts office to pick up your purchases.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017