There are tons of online shopping sites for contemporary art, from ExhibitionA to Paddle8, not to mention the big auction houses and individual artists’ homemade pages. Now, Houston’s Fresh Arts is giving it a shot.
The organization, which basically aims to provide opportunities and visibility for area artists and arts groups, is hoping that their new Facebook gallery store, Fresh Market, will put some cash in the pockets of local artists. For its inaugural collection (up through May 31), the 10 artists have donated part or all of their proceeds back to Fresh Arts. For collectors who limit their social interaction to the FedEx guy: you have to go down to the Fresh Arts office to pick up your purchases.
also by Paula Newton
- Dead Dog’s Eyeballs! There’s a New Graphic Bio on Daniel Johnston - July 28th, 2016
- Where is Ana Mendieta? In Dallas! - July 27th, 2016
- Houston Artists! Get Ready for Art Market Season - July 26th, 2016
- Punk Out at the CAMH with the Mydolls - July 25th, 2016
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016