Happy Birthday, Dalí! While Salvador Dalí would have loved the Art Car Parade, it was seemingly the only surrealist festivity of the day around these parts. While Florida’s Dalí Museum is in the midst of a 24-hour public reading of his autobiography “The Secret Life of Salvador Dali,” not even the Menil Collection—home to one of the best collections of surrealist art in the country—is lighting candles. And there are no melting letters on the Google search page!
Happy 109th, wacky mustachioed man!
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015