Happy Birthday, Dalí! While Salvador Dalí would have loved the Art Car Parade, it was seemingly the only surrealist festivity of the day around these parts. While Florida’s Dalí Museum is in the midst of a 24-hour public reading of his autobiography “The Secret Life of Salvador Dali,” not even the Menil Collection—home to one of the best collections of surrealist art in the country—is lighting candles. And there are no melting letters on the Google search page!
Happy 109th, wacky mustachioed man!
also by Paula Newton
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016
- El Paso Artist Opens His Kosher Taco Art Project For One Night - August 19th, 2016
- The Last Ten Days of Austin’s Changarrito Project - August 18th, 2016