Happy Birthday, Dalí! While Salvador Dalí would have loved the Art Car Parade, it was seemingly the only surrealist festivity of the day around these parts. While Florida’s Dalí Museum is in the midst of a 24-hour public reading of his autobiography “The Secret Life of Salvador Dali,” not even the Menil Collection—home to one of the best collections of surrealist art in the country—is lighting candles. And there are no melting letters on the Google search page!
Happy 109th, wacky mustachioed man!
also by Paula Newton
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016