Happy Birthday, Dalí! While Salvador Dalí would have loved the Art Car Parade, it was seemingly the only surrealist festivity of the day around these parts. While Florida’s Dalí Museum is in the midst of a 24-hour public reading of his autobiography “The Secret Life of Salvador Dali,” not even the Menil Collection—home to one of the best collections of surrealist art in the country—is lighting candles. And there are no melting letters on the Google search page!
Happy 109th, wacky mustachioed man!
also by Paula Newton
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017
- Houston Curator Receives Warhol Foundation Grant - January 9th, 2017