Happy Birthday, Dalí! While Salvador Dalí would have loved the Art Car Parade, it was seemingly the only surrealist festivity of the day around these parts. While Florida’s Dalí Museum is in the midst of a 24-hour public reading of his autobiography “The Secret Life of Salvador Dali,” not even the Menil Collection—home to one of the best collections of surrealist art in the country—is lighting candles. And there are no melting letters on the Google search page!
Happy 109th, wacky mustachioed man!
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016