Fort Worth artist Marshall Harris has won the $50,000 Hunting Art Prize 2013 with “Round Up: B.F. Smith & Son Saddlery Circa 1940-1942” a life sized, highly detailed graphite drawing of a vintage saddle. The prize was announced at an evening awards gala on Saturday, May 4, at the Friedkin Companies Campus, Gulf States Toyota, in Houston. Round Up was chosen from among 1600 entries in this year’s competition by a panel of three jurors: Karlota Contreras-Koterbay, Curator at Slocumb Galleries in Johnson City, Tennessee; Jeanne Klein, Collector and Advisory Council Member of the Harry Ransom Center at The University of Texas; and Margaret Winslow, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art at the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015