What do you get when you cram dozens of “creatives” into a Michael Hsu-renovated warehouse complex? Canopy! Austin’s newest creative complex on Springdale road. The project anchored by nonprofit org Big Medium, will include studios, galleries, outdoor meeting spaces, and eventually, a cafe. It’s all done, and they’re holding “First Look” an artists’ studio tour on May 11-12 to show off.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015