The Amon Carter Museum has proudly announced the acquisition of “The Caves,” a painting by prominent 19th century African-American artist Robert Seldon Duncanson (1821–1872), from the family of Cincinnati abolitionist Richard Sutton Rust (1815–1906). Duncanson was a self-taught, black artist from Cincinnati and a leading landscape painter of his time, influenced by Thomas Cole and the Hudson River School.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015