The Amon Carter Museum has proudly announced the acquisition of “The Caves,” a painting by prominent 19th century African-American artist Robert Seldon Duncanson (1821–1872), from the family of Cincinnati abolitionist Richard Sutton Rust (1815–1906). Duncanson was a self-taught, black artist from Cincinnati and a leading landscape painter of his time, influenced by Thomas Cole and the Hudson River School.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015