This weekend Big Medium, the folks that brought you EAST and the TExas Biennial, present the 2nd annual West Austin Studio Tour, a sprawling, free, self-guided ramble through the abundance of art and art-like activities in Austin’s large and diverse creative community. Dozens and dozens of artist studios and exhibition spaces will be free to the public and open on the weekends of April 27-28 & May 4-5 from 11am – 6pm. The fat 2013 West Austin Studio Tour catalog is your $20 bible: a comprehensive guide to all the participants, but free WEST maps will be available at all Austin Public Library branches.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015