Design Fair 2013 at Houston’s Lawndale Art Center juxtaposes vintage modern objects of the 20th century and “cutting-edge” contemporary design for a weekend high-end shopping benefiting the art space’s free public programs. On Wednesday, Michael Bruni founder of pricey antiques site 1stdibs couldn’t make it to his speaking engagement at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, but sent Eric Cohler, of Eric Cohler Design, NYC in his place. For first dibs on the best of the fair itself, the $75 preview party is tonight, from 6-9. If second dibs are OK, a mere $5 will get you in the door as the fair continues Saturday and Sunday, April 27-28 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015