The Dallas Museum of Art has announced the acquisition of Erminia and the Shepherds, an early work by the French painter Guillaume Guillon Lethière (1760–1832). The neoclassically-minded painting was shown at the Salon of 1795 in Paris. Lethière, son of a French diplomat and an African woman, was a prominent figure in French art, achieving the highest academic rank by the end of his career.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015