Culturemap Dallas’ Jonathan Rienstra won’t take Christopher Hawthorne’s roasting of the Perot Museum lying down- after the LA Times architecture critic laid into the new museum with everything he’s got (although he missed calling it a “Borg Ship”, perhaps through insufficient availability of dated Star Trek: Next Generation reruns in Los Angeles). Rienstra called UT Arlington architecture professor Kate Holliday for the defense.
Holliday does her best, agreeing with Hawthorne that the building is hostile to its surroundings, but forgiving the decorative concrete facade, and pointing out that her son (perhaps a Star Trek fan?) loves the gem room.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015