Los Angeles Times’ architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne comes down hard on the showy new Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas in today’s paper, calling it one of the “pricey, preening old breed” of trophy buildings, and adding that the $185-million project, designed by Thom Mayne and Morphosis, is a “thoroughly cynical piece of work, a building that uses a frenzy of architectural forms to endorse the idea that architecture, in the end, is mere decoration.” Ouch.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015