Los Angeles Times’ architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne comes down hard on the showy new Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas in today’s paper, calling it one of the “pricey, preening old breed” of trophy buildings, and adding that the $185-million project, designed by Thom Mayne and Morphosis, is a “thoroughly cynical piece of work, a building that uses a frenzy of architectural forms to endorse the idea that architecture, in the end, is mere decoration.” Ouch.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015