Liliana Bloch, former director of the McKinney Ave. Contemporary and later gallery director for Kirk Hopper Fine Art, has announced the opening of her own eponymous new gallery, Liliana Bloch, at 2919 Commerce Street, Suite C in Dallas, co-habiting a space with The Public Trust.
Credited with reinvigorating the MAC’s programming, Bloch exhibited the work of Kana Harada, Michelle Murillo, Mary Beth Edelson and Armando Romero and presided over the Contemporary’s celebration of Mexico’s Bicentenario. As Gallery Director at Kirk Hopper Fine Art, Ms. Bloch developed, in the words of Peter Simek of D Magazine’s Front Row, “one of most interesting exhibition programs in Dallas”.
The gallery will represent emerging and mid-career, regional, national and international artists working in a variety of media. Her inaugural Exhibition: “Parameters” by New York based artist Ryan Sarah Murphy opens on Saturday, April 6 from 5-8 p.m.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015