The Orange Show and IKEA Houston have collaborated on the Orange Show Art Bus, a mobile art classroom to be dispatched to Houston-area schools with limited or no arts funding. Families are invited to Ikea Plaza on I-10 At Antoine to experience the new bus on Friday March 29from 11am – 4pm.
Originally a 1964 mobile X-ray unit, the 40-foot bus was painted by local artist Brian Zievert to mimic the Orange Show Monument, and has been rebuilt into a roving art classroom holding up to 30 students. IKEA Houston has supplied all of the art supplies, furniture, fabric, carpeting, and lighting. Curriculum for the Bus-Art program is being finalized, the bus will hit the road during the 2013-14 school year.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015