The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum has opened in the Harwood District in Dallas, displaying 60 of the hundreds of pieces of Japanese armor and weaponry collected by Dallas real estate developer Gabriel Barbier-Muller, his wife Ann, and their children. The new museum has also published a catalog, Art of Armor: Samurai Armor from the Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Collection, with an introduction by Morihiro Ogawa, an expert on Japanese Arms and Armor for The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY.
The Samurai Collection is located above the Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar at 2501 North Harwood St., and is open Tuesdays from 11-8 p.m., Wednesday-Saturday from 11-6 p.m., and Sunday from 11-5 p.m. Admission is free.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015