Leave it to the NY Post to cover the glam reception of Cindy Sherman in celebrity-conscious Dallas. Oddly, the Post piece features a straightforward photo of Sherman from Getty Images: an artist whose likeness you’ve seen in hundreds of fictionalized self-portraits appears strangely fictional in her real life role as celebrated visitor. According to the Post “Sherman wowed in Prada’s new “super-high platform geisha shoes” in “wild pink.” The artist was in town with her travelling retrospective, which opened at the Dallas Museum of Art on March 17. Snd attended a swank party at the Joule Hotel hosted by DMA director Maxwell Anderson and W’ Magazine Editor Stefano Tonchi, along with an assortment of art collectors, billionaires, and Mayor Mike Rawlings.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015