The Spare pARTS Public Art Initiative, the DIY public art program of the Fort Worth Avenue Development Group that brought the curious Mobius Bench by Glissman & Horn to West Dallas last year invites Dallas-area artists to submit proposals for a new public work created from recycled materials that are functional, and encourage pedestrian activity along Fort Worth Avenue, where the piece will be sited for up to five years. The budget is $5000.
The Dallas West Mobile Home/RV Park on W. Commerce St. has volunteered its vendor trailer area as the private property site for this year’s project.
A panel of five 5 local area arts professionals, chaired by Kay Kallos, Office of Dallas Cultural Affairs will select a winning project from submissions; the deadline for initial proposals is April 19
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015