On Friday, March 15, The Art League of Houston will celebrate the life of Cholla Kepner with a memorial service from 6-7:30 p.m. Cholla was an instructor at the League for over 40 years; she died on January 19 at the age of 80. The memorial will include an exhibition of her work and that of her countless students, wine and cheese. The event is open to the public. If you have a piece of Cholla’s artwork you’d like to have on display for the evening, or if you were a student of hers and would like to share a piece of your own work, contact Joie Chandler at email@example.com.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015