After 27 years, The Blue Star Contemporary Arts Center is going museum. The Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum‘s programming won’t change- the primary motive appears to be adding the fillip of the word “museum” to grant applications and the resumes of the countless artists who have participated in the space’s already illustrious history on the San Antonio art scene. According to their announcement, “By being recognized as a museum, Blue Star is able to give proper recognition to the talented artists who have been exhibited throughout the years, and to itself as a proud community based non-collecting arts museum.” Blue Star is the longest-running contemporary arts venue in San Antonio.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015