Perhaps forming the Los Angeles County Museum of Contemporary Art, LACMOCA, and saving two letters!? Talk about merging the two institutions has bobbed to the surface before, most recently in 2008, just before MOCA was rescued by billionaire Eli broad, but this time the idea was initiated by the MOCA board itself. LACMA director Michael Govan outlined the proposed merger in a letter to the MOCA board, describing a deal that would keep the MOCA’s current locations and name, but tie the two institutions together financially.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015