The Houston Arts Alliance is bringing in Randy Cohen, vice president of research and policy at American For the Arts, an advocacy org, to spread the gospel of quantitative surveys as a powerful tool for selling the arts to government and business. Cohen publishes The National Arts Index,measuring the vitality of arts in the U.S. as well as the “Arts & Economic Prosperity” studies, which link arts activity with economic growth. Cohen has given speeches in 48 states, and has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and on CNN, CNBC, and NPR. He’ll be present at a “Business+Arts Happy Hour” at Sorrel Urban Bistro today, March 6, from 5:30-7 p.m., and will speak on “Making the Case for the Arts” at Stages Repertory Theatre, Arena Theater, 3201 Allen Parkway, Houston tomorrow, March 7, from 3-4:30 p.m.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015