Visual artist and songwriter Terry Allen has a new CD out- titled “Bottom of the World,” his first musical release since “Salivation” in 1998. Andrew Dansby had a detailed track-by-track review, and a mini-handbook of Terry Allen’s varied accomplishments in the Houston Chronicle in January. The new CD is available at Moody Gallery in Houston, along with a catalog of older releases, each for $20. Of course, you could buy it on Amazon for $13.60 (with free super-saver shipping!) but that wouldn’t be supporting the scene, now would it?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015