Suitcase Wheel by Houston’s Art Guys was installed Friday at the San Antonio International Airport (where else?). A project of Public Art San Antonio (PASA), the 16-foot wheel of vintage luggage was fabricated and first exhibited at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston in 1995. The 16-foot wheel of vintage luggage is on two-year loan to the airport, the first public display of this work since a 1999 appearance at the Tacoma Art Museum.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015