Frida Kahlo’s Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird returned to UT’s Harry Ransom Center on February 14. The homecoming of one of the center’s most in-demand works for a six-month stopover is notable: since 1990 the painting has been on almost continuous loan, featured in exhibitions in more than 25 museums in the United States and around the world. It will be on display from February 14 through July 28.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015