Frida Kahlo’s Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird returned to UT’s Harry Ransom Center on February 14. The homecoming of one of the center’s most in-demand works for a six-month stopover is notable: since 1990 the painting has been on almost continuous loan, featured in exhibitions in more than 25 museums in the United States and around the world. It will be on display from February 14 through July 28.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015