When Eleanor Friedberger drove from Austin to the Big Bend for a residency at Ballroom Marfa, she ended up sick on her first night, but then things took a turn for the better. She hooked up with the locals and recorded a 7-inch single at the Marfa Recording Company, after an intimate (what else, in Marfa?) stage performance at the Crowley Theater.
The record featuring a crew of Marfa players, Chris Hillen, Brian LeBarton and Colt Miller, is out now in a limited edition of 500 on Ballroom Marfa’s website . The A-side, “I’ll Never Be Happy Again,” is also available as a download on iTunes.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015