When Eleanor Friedberger drove from Austin to the Big Bend for a residency at Ballroom Marfa, she ended up sick on her first night, but then things took a turn for the better. She hooked up with the locals and recorded a 7-inch single at the Marfa Recording Company, after an intimate (what else, in Marfa?) stage performance at the Crowley Theater.
The record featuring a crew of Marfa players, Chris Hillen, Brian LeBarton and Colt Miller, is out now in a limited edition of 500 on Ballroom Marfa’s website . The A-side, “I’ll Never Be Happy Again,” is also available as a download on iTunes.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015