Recently, The University of North Texas became the host for the archives of Art Lies, the now-defunct paper-and-ink Texas art magazine that began in Houston in 1994 as a free black-and-white zine trying to plug the yawning hole in Texas art writing, expanded over the next 18 years into a glossy art journal with national aspirations and a $7 cover price, then collapsed under the weight of its pretensions in 2011. Read all about it- UNT has put the whole archive online!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015