When British artist Damien Hirst split with Gagosian Gallery last December, the “insanely wealthy” artist was reported to be worth $215 million, making him the world’s richest artist. Living artist, that is.
The Associated Press reports that a deadlock among the directors of the Cy Twombly Foundation has led to a lawsuit pitting Twombly’s ex-partner, Nicola Del Roscio, and son Alessandro, against his attorney, Ralph Lerner and the foundation’s treasurer Thomas Saliba in a battle for control of the foundation’s $1.5 billion in assets.
In May, 2012, the foundation paid $27.5 million for a mansion at 19 East 82nd Street in New York to make over into a Twombly Museum and education center. Twombly died in June, 2012 at the age of 83.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015