Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches is gearing up for the 19th Annual Texas National Art Competition, a juried show open to artists nationwide, this time judged by art historian Peter Selz, past curator at MoMA and founding director, University Art Museum at Berkeley. the competition boasts $3,500 in awards.
All media (except video or performance) are accepted. The school’s website says the entry deadline is Feb. 10, 2013, but CAFE, the online automatic application service they’re using, thinks it’s Feb. 9. The exhibition will be held at SFASU’s Gallery April 13–June 8, 2013. Sure, it’s $#5 to enter, but they swear that “The gallery does not profit from the entry fees of Texas National. All monies collected pay for the entire exhibition, artists’ fees, awards, postage and return shipment.”
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015