After nearly sixty years of collecting, the Dallas Museum of Art has the publication of “The Arts of India, Southeast Asia, and the Himalayas“, surveying 140 pieces from the Museum’s collection of over 450 works of South and Southeast Asian art. It’s the second in a planned series of catalogues documenting the DMA’s encyclopedic holdings; The Arts of Africa catalog came out in 2009.
The 264-page book, ($65, $53 on Amazon) was written by Dr. Anne R. Bromberg, Ph.D., the DMA’s Cecil and Ida Green Curator of Ancient and Asian Art, with contributions by scholars Catherine B. Asher, Frederick M. Asher, Robert Warren Clark, and Nancy Tingley. It will be distributed by Yale University Press beginning February 28.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015