Slinging Ink, a live-action war of words at Houston’s Diverseworks, is back! A blind panel winnows through submitted texts, fiction, nonfiction or “kitchen sink”, choosing finalists who will read their entries aloud at Diverseworks on Wednesdays, the org’s new mid-week socio-cultural enrichment hour. The live audience selects the winner, who receives $100! The inaugural sling, brainchild of DiverseWorks Artist Board Member Hank Hancock, took place at the Big Star Bar, won handily by songwriter and humorist John Wayne Comunale. This, the third round’s theme is LOST AND FOUND, and the submission deadline is Wednesday, February 20.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015