Slinging Ink, a live-action war of words at Houston’s Diverseworks, is back! A blind panel winnows through submitted texts, fiction, nonfiction or “kitchen sink”, choosing finalists who will read their entries aloud at Diverseworks on Wednesdays, the org’s new mid-week socio-cultural enrichment hour. The live audience selects the winner, who receives $100! The inaugural sling, brainchild of DiverseWorks Artist Board Member Hank Hancock, took place at the Big Star Bar, won handily by songwriter and humorist John Wayne Comunale. This, the third round’s theme is LOST AND FOUND, and the submission deadline is Wednesday, February 20.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015