The Art Center of Corpus Christi has received a challenge grant from local philanthropist and entrepreneur Gene Bouligny. Mr. Bouligny is prepared to present the Art Center with a $100,000 grant if they can match by December 31, 2013. Mr. Bouligny has presented similar challenges to organizations in the community such as Del Mar College and Habitat for Humanity.
“I believe offering these types of challenges inspires non-profit organizations such as the Art Center to shift fundraising efforts into high gear,” said Mr. Bouligny. The Art Center says it is already off to a strong start with over $21,000 raised towards this goal.
“We are appealing to the community to help us basically double our money,” stated, Dianna Bluntzer, Art Center Director. “This grant would impact us greatly—we would be able to broaden and strengthen some of our educational programs and art exhibits slated for 2014,” she added.
The center’s Facebook page will carry an ongoing chart tracking progress towards the goal. The Art Center of Corpus Christi was founded as a community art center in 1972.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015