The average viewer spends around thirty seconds in front of an artwork. Seems unjust considering how long the artist likely spent making the thing. But I will admit that my first visit to any exhibition is spent quickly looking over every artwork, and there is something to be said for works that grab my eye even in that first glance and hold my attention. I usually snap a pic on my phone of works that catch my eye so I can think about them more and maybe go back to the gallery to see them again. This post is a summary of my notes from the past week with the idea that there might be something here that you would like to see as well. Enjoy.
also by Rachel Hooper
- Five Reasons to Go to Prospect.3 New Orleans - November 6th, 2014
- Monopoly: Mike Osborne and Haden Garrett - April 2nd, 2014
- James Turrell: The Light Inside - June 28th, 2013
- Picasso Black and White - March 11th, 2013
- Painters' Painters - February 13th, 2013