The organizers of the 2013 Texas Biennial invite all artists living and working in Texas to submit their stuff from now until February 28 for possible inclusion in the latest, 5th, edition of the sprawling, multi-city showcase. The Texas Biennial will take place September 5 – November 9, with exhibitions in Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Marfa. The central open-call survey show will be presented at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center in San Antonio, with selected performances during the run of the exhibition at CentralTrak in Dallas.
Additionally, a specially commissioned Biennial artist project will be presented by Ballroom Marfa, Lawndale Art Center in Houston and Big Medium in Austin will also host exhibitions of current work by selected past Biennial artists from August 23 – September 28.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015