It’s here, finally, the end of the world. It snuck up so quickly that I’d forgotten about it altogether.
As the cycle of the Mayan calendar comes to an end, we prepare to say goodbye to the tumultuous 2012; to the latest tumultuous 52-year Mayan century cycle, and it can’t come a moment too soon. Thank goodness it’s ending. With the recent events in Connecticut, witnessing the presidential elections in Mexico (one more time), and living through an economic crisis that left people shaking their heads and looking for answers, the past 52 years can come to a close and I am happy to walk away.
So thank goodness it’s the end. I’m lucky to be in Austin right now, because as the world comes to an end I can spend the time with Ink Tank at Co-Lab Projects.
This Friday, the collective will hunker down and invite the entire community to go out with them, in style and together, all as one, and I’ll take it.
So Friday of this week I will raise a red Solo cup to the end of the world (actually I’ll be raising my Co-Lab monogrammed mug since I’m a proud Mug Club member). Thanks Ink Tank.
also by Leslie Moody Castro
- A Rift In the San Antonio Arts Community - February 20th, 2016
- "RIP" by Graham Dolphin at Lora Reynolds Gallery - June 18th, 2013
- Chatting with Sally Glass of Dallas' semigloss. Magazine - May 15th, 2013
- Triple Treat @ Unit B, San Antonio - April 28th, 2013
- Last Resort: Kelly O'Connor at Women and Their Work - April 27th, 2013