Dallas’ Goss-Michael foundation is looking for DFW area high school students for its 2013 Dallas/Ft. Worth Student Art Contest. Students drop off art relating to this year’s theme, “Conflict and Resolution” (which may prove challenging, given that the rules forbid “nudes, drug use, violence or inappropriate subject matter”!) and vie for prizes up to $1000. The entry deadline is February 13; an awards reception will be held Saturday, February 23 from 2 – 4 p.m. and winners will be featured on the Goss-Michael Foundation’s website.
In addition to the contest, the foundation has several scholarship programs that hand out $5000 to aspiring art students, based on merit. Two, the Kenny Goss Art Scholarship and the George Michael Music Scholarship, are set aside for students of Booker T. Washington High School. The Foundation’s Dallas/Fort Worth Art Scholarship is for DFW residents, and their Texas Art Scholarship is statewide. The application deadline for scholarships is March 30. is February 13, 2013, an awards reception will be held Saturday, February 23 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. In addition, the winners will be featured in our monthly newsletter and on the website,
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015