The Menil is topping off it’s 25th Anniversary with an installation of four major John Chamberlain sculptures in its foyer, reiterating its inaugural show of 1987. But they’ve been busy: the pieces have been restored (if that’s a word you ought to use for crushed auto parts) through a grant from Bank of America Art Conservation Project. The sculptures are on view through January 13, 2013.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015