The Menil is topping off it’s 25th Anniversary with an installation of four major John Chamberlain sculptures in its foyer, reiterating its inaugural show of 1987. But they’ve been busy: the pieces have been restored (if that’s a word you ought to use for crushed auto parts) through a grant from Bank of America Art Conservation Project. The sculptures are on view through January 13, 2013.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015