Austin nonprofit Women & Their Work, has invited visual artist, Beili Liu, architects Emily Little and Norma Yancey, and landscape architects Christy Ten Eyck and Cassie Bergstrom to collaborate on THIRST, a large scale, site specific installation located on Lady Bird Lake in Austin, funded by a $50,000 Artistic Innovation and Collaboration Grant by the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation.The project will memorialize the the 500 million trees that died in the drought of 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015