The 6th Annual School of Oncoplastic Surgery, held at at the Four Seasons Resort, in Dallas Dec 6-9 includes a new hands-on workshop in breast sculpture for surgeons. 20 surgeons will add clay to casts of women’s torsos, from which one breast has been removed, simulating a mastectomy, to “reconstruct” the missing part, led by sculptors Art Wells of Dallas and Mike Esson, an art professor from Sydney, Australia. The workshop, created and directed by pioneering Dallas oncoplastic surgeon Gail Lebovic, M.D., aims to use artistic materials and perspectives to refine the surgeons’ techniques for breast cancer removal and reconstruction of the removed breast and is a collaboration between the American Society of Breast Disease and the Creative Arts Center of Dallas. Late registration for the four-day conference is $3050 for non ASBD members.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015